Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File differences

Andre Lenoir January 13, 2016

Hello,

I would like to browse commit history of a specific file of my project and visualy side by side difference between two commit.
I can do that easily under the web inteface of Bitbucket (browse source file, select a file and click on diff).

Thank-you

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Just use control-click or command-click (depending on OS) to select two commits.  The bottom half of the screen shows the diff between them.

Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 9.52.18 AM.png

Andre Lenoir January 14, 2016

Hello,

This is working effectively is the file that you are looking for was modified between selected commits.  If you are looking for modification in a file you have to search commit by commit.
In the Bitbucket interface, you can see for a specific file which commit is impacting.

Thanks for your comment

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

I think Seth's answer below about "Log Selected" is the way to go then.  It will show you which commits changed a given file and what changes they made.

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 9.23.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 9.23.35 AM.png

Is that what you're looking for?

Andre Lenoir January 18, 2016

Yessss, Thank-you

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2016

If you specifically want to see the difference between adjacent commits, you can right-click on the file in SourceTree, and choose "Log Selected..."

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2016

If you don't want adjacent commits, it looks like Tim's method of control- or command- clicking commits to see a compiled diff works in the Log Selected window as well. So, "Log Selected..." the file you want, click one commit you want to diff, then control- or command- click the other.

0 votes
Andre Lenoir January 13, 2016

I would like to see evolution on specific file along different commit and make difference. As we can do with Bitbucket.  Thank-you

2016-01-14_08-42-23.png

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2016

See screenshot in my answer - I think this should give you what you're looking for...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events