Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Status not automatically updated in SourceTree

Stefan de Vogelaere May 4, 2016

The SourceTree mac app has a problem with automatically detected file changes. More specifically the File Status in Workspace is empty until I choose the Fetch command from the toolbar. After that, my file changes are available. It used to work though. Is there any setting for watching for changes automatically?

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

If you are wanting to watch for changes being made in the remote repository, you want to open Options and look for something like "Check default remotes for changes every X minutes".

If you want it to watch your working copy for changes (changes you are making locally with your file editors) it should be doing that automatically. If it seems behind, you can hit F5 instead of Fetch to force it to check the status of the local files.

Stefan de Vogelaere May 4, 2016

The local changes are not refreshed. So I do hit the Fetch button to force it, although I would expect that the app can monitor these automatically. I think in earlier versions that was working fine.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

For local changes, F5 should be a simpler workaround. It refreshes the UI without making any calls to your remotes.

There is no reason I know of why it shouldn't refresh automatically. If you don't get a better answer in a day or so, you might post a bug report on jira.atlassian.com.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events