Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Authentication

Szuting Chen October 10, 2017

Hello,

I'm having login issues(fatal authentication) with my sourcetree app after downloading the most recent updates. I tried to recover my email and reset my password, but never successfully updated it and kept getting redirected this chunk of message(ONLY). 

{"timezone":null,"fullName":"Szuting Chen","email":"szchen@deloitte.com","emailHash":"ffc4f587a1f882997e452c96998673ff","emails":[{"value":"szchen@deloitte.com","primary":true}],"pendingEmail":null,"username":"szchen@deloitte.com","org":"Deloitte-iLab","latestIpAddress":"167.219.88.140","title":null,"validatedEmails":["szchen@deloitte.com"],"fieldErrors":null}

Then the same process repeat and repeat until my frustration brings me here. I even tried to clear my keychain access login, but still failed just to simply recover a password. Unfortunately this is the only place that's available for trouble shooting after reading several discussions and trouble shooting 1203982103921801293 times and STILL FAILED.

Can someone please help?

2 answers

0 votes
Szuting Chen October 12, 2017

Yup.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

Okay, go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree and remove the passwd file and then try again. You will be asked to authenticate again.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

Do you get the authentication failure when trying to push/pull from a remote repository?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events