Failed to pass install screen on OS X

Mark Rubenchik May 5, 2017

I had SourceTree working and running correctly, but after reboot it went into installation mode and on first page, that is called "Install" and does not enable "Continue" button after I agreed to the terms and conditions making application unusable. I tryed removing SourceTree folder from ~/Library/Application Support/, but didn't help. Tryed to install earlier versions, same story. OS X is 10.12.4.

Screenshot:

SourceTree_Issue.jpeg

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2017

Hi Mark, can you try resetting the preferences and see if this error goes away? The instructions can be found at How to wipe SourceTree preferences. Once you do that, you can download SourceTree from our website and install it again. 

If this doesn't work, can you provide any logs? On Mac, the SourceTree logs can be found by opening the Console application and searching for entries related to "SourceTree". 

Hope this helps!

Ana

Mark Rubenchik May 8, 2017

Thank you so much for your help! I found a solution. I'm on the latest Mac and deleted ~/Library/Preferences/com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS.plist, nothing else helped . That solved the issue. Probably you need to update step 4 in a page you provided.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2017

Hi again Mark, I'm so happy this is working for you now :) I've added your feedback in a comment, so we can verify if that would work for all Mac versions before updating the page. Thanks for sharing!

Have a nice day,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events