Hello I'm trying to login to my bitbucket server in SourceTree (during setup) but when I do I get the message. "Failed to list grouping for user" I have no idea what this message means or how to resolve it. Could someone please help me
I had the same problem.
One point to make it clear: if you are getting the 'failed to list grouping for user', this means that you more likely have the right URL and have a valid log in credentials.
Which is good.
Here is how I fix this crap:
1. Went to my bitbucket server and checked one project URL. Mine was like :
2. I removed the "MYUSER' from the URL and passed it to the SourceTree URL field and hit Enter.
3. SourceTree gave me the 'failed to list' bs.
4. I removed the aproject.git for the URL and tried again (eg
5. SourceTree gave the same bs error. So I removed the / and tried again (as
6. SourceTree again bs me with the same error. I removed the 'someothercrap' from it.
7. SourceTree bs me again. I then removed the /
8. Success! I got in.
Hi Brett, what you can do in this case is to skip that step in the welcome wizard and try and add your account via Tools > Options > Accounts instead. It will be easier to see what is going on from there. During this step SourceTree tries to query the Bitbucket REST API for all the repos, and looks like that call is failing for some reason.
Let us know how it goes from there and send us a screenshot if you get any other error.
Had the same issue with version 3.3.9 on Windows 10 and had tried all these solutions before I came here. What finally worked for me was uninstalling in Add/Remove Programs, deleting the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian folder, then installing 3.3.8 WITHOUT rebooting. Somehow Winders was putting the ...AppData\Local\Atlassian folder back on reboot.
Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events