Failed to list grouping for user

Hello I'm trying to login to my bitbucket server in SourceTree (during setup) but when I do I get the message. "Failed to list grouping for user" I have no idea what this message means or how to resolve it. Could someone please help me

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Brett! Which version of SourceTree are you using? Can you try with the latest one?

If after this the issue is still not solved, let us know which OS are you using so I can continue helping you.

Regards,

Ana

Hi 

The version I'm using is 2.0.19.1 which is the current version.

The OS I'm using is Windows 7 Professional.

Kind regards,

Brett

Hi Brett, what you can do in this case is to skip that step in the welcome wizard and try and add your account via Tools > Options > Accounts instead. It will be easier to see what is going on from there. During this step SourceTree tries to query the Bitbucket REST API for all the repos, and looks like that call is failing for some reason. 

Let us know how it goes from there and send us a screenshot if you get any other error.

Cheers!

Ana

This answer is not useful at all.  As soon as you try to create a repo the same error appears again.

Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Oct 16, 2017

Go to Tools > Options > Network and see if changing the Proxy Server Settings to use default operating system settings works. Mine was set to custom proxy settings and that is when I got the "failed to list groupings for user" error.

Hey Ana,

i am having same problem while setting sourcetree, i downloaded latest version but no luck

i am using window 10.

Untitled.jpg

Please suggest.

Thanks!

KS

I'm unable to install it on WinServer2012R2. Same problem, SourceTree version 2.5.5.

It seems to be related to enabled two-factor authentication.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 11, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: debugging Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows If you're reading this and it's not just educational… we know you're unhappy right now and apologize for that   We're dedicated to improving yo...

657 views 9 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you