Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Diff button does nothing

Frode Nilsen August 18, 2014

External Diff has stopped working for me. It used to work and I don't know when it stopped working. Beyond Compare was what I used, but I've tried all other options including setting "CMD" as custom external diff, just to see a console window open. It does not.

I'm running Windows 7. Beyond Compare is installed in the default location and is working as expected when I run it outside SourceTree. I've tried diff'ing both on git repos and mercurial repos.

Is there something I do wrong? Any tips on how I can fix/debug this issue?

Pastebin of my sourcetree.exe.config : http://pastebin.com/sFpba1A6..or at least I think it is. Weird thing is that the timestamp on the config was from April this year, and "DiffTool" is -1 (system default from what I've read), although I've set it to Beyond Compare... Might Source Tree store the config elsewhere? There's a fucked up corporate home drive sync setting here that might interfere.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frode Nilsen September 16, 2014

This suddenly started working again. I don't know what I did.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

The answer here might help.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

There is an option in SourceTree that controls whether it is allowed to modify the git config file. That should be allowed if you want to set the diff tool with the SourceTree options dialog.

Frode Nilsen August 18, 2014

It is and was set to true

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events