Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error generating password due to missing uuid and other error messages

Mujtaba Alam January 23, 2018

Hi,

I have recently been getting these errors, whenever I try and push my code through SourceTree to bitbucket.

"Error generating password due to missing uuid. Please report this to Atlassian.

Something went wrong. one or more parameters required to renew token is nil.

Password encryption failed - key to encrypt password is unavailable (nil)

remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third-party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.

fatal: Authentication failed for .."

I also continue to get a prompt for me to enter Password Required

I have tried all your solutions online but nothing works. I am using MacOS sierra 10.12.16. I am using SourceTree 2.7. 

Can you kindly help me?

4 answers

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2018

For the record, this is the bug Brian was referring to:  SRCTREE-5324. You can watch it to get notified of further updates.

Cheers!

Ana

0 votes
Scott Yelich April 12, 2018

unacceptable, Atlassian.

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

In the meanwhile, can you please remove the account and re-add it in the preference window to see if that helps?

Miril Chheda January 27, 2018

I am getting the same error. I have tried deleting the file com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS.plist and also removing my account. Nothing worked. Its very frustrating. 

Any other suggestions ? Please fix via update ASAP. 

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2018

We're tracking this bug (the log was introduced to help track it down and prevent crashes) and hope to address it soon in a future update.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Chris Lozac'h February 22, 2018

It's been nearly a month. Has this issue been resolved? Any new workarounds, and/or an estimated release date for a fix?

Manju
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2018

Yes, we have an update.. Please use this new build which we believe fixes the issue of UUID not found. Please do share your feedback after using the build whether or not it solves the issue. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events