Error after upgrading to Mountain Lion OS (git-svn)

Ricardo Garcia July 28, 2012

Hi!

I've installed Mountain Lion in my mac book, and now I can't push changes to my remote SVN server.

The error I get is the following:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false svn rebase

Can't locate SVN/Core.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/git/lib/perl5/site_perl /Applications/dev/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/lib/perl5/site_perl /Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.12 /Network/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.12 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.12.4 /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.12 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12 .) at /Applications/dev/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 41.

Completed with errors, see above

Any ideas of why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance!!!

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

Mountain Lion removed the default install of Subversion unfortunately. Do you have XCode installed?

On a fresh Mountain Lion install, one way to get git-svn working again is to:

1. Install XCode 4.4
  2. Open XCode and in Preferences > Downloads, click 'Install' next to 'Command line tools'

This worked for me on a completely new ML machine.

I've also seen another article about this: http://victorquinn.com/blog/2012/02/19/fix-git-svn-in-mountain-lion/ - however I've never needed to do that. Just installing XCode and the command line tools worked great for me.

Ricardo Garcia July 29, 2012

Hi Steve!

It worked like a charm, thank you very much for your help!

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events