Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1606 Installing

Orest Hoffmann April 11, 2016

We are trying to install SourceTree however are getting this error every time. Has anyone come across?

Log Name : Application

Log Source : MsiInstaller

Log EventID : 11606

Log Time Generated : 4/6/2016 11:04:50 AM

Log Message : Product: SourceTree -- Error 1606. Could not access network location Atlassian\SourceTree.

Thanks

15 answers

0 votes
Jessica Xu June 21, 2016

Yes, I did force Windows update and shows no updates available. And I can install all other software, just not this one. sad

0 votes
Dillon Hillegeist June 21, 2016

Did you try forcing an update? Another thing you could check and see is if your firewall is blocking the download. Sorry I'm still running on Windows 7 so this might be a totally different issue.

0 votes
Jessica Xu June 21, 2016

I am running on Windows 8 with the latest windows updates. But I still cannot install source true. It still gives me the same issue. I am trying to install SourceTree 1.8.3. Anybody can help?

0 votes
Dillon Hillegeist April 22, 2016

Ya that's we had to do too.

0 votes
Vamsidhar Guntamukkala April 21, 2016

We had to force update Windows to resolve the issue. 

0 votes
Suresh Thangavel April 21, 2016

Latest windows update resolved the sourcetree installation issue

0 votes
Suresh Thangavel April 21, 2016

its working fine after windows update

0 votes
Dillon Hillegeist April 21, 2016

The latest update I have is the security update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3146706)

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2016

Hi @Dillon Hillegeist - could you provide some information on what updates you have?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-windows-updates-installed#1TC=windows-7

0 votes
Vamsidhar Guntamukkala April 21, 2016

Windows is up to date. And still facing same issue. 

@Seth can you share if there is any other workaround as we are stuck ?

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2016
0 votes
Dillon Hillegeist April 21, 2016

I downloaded the latest windows update and it fixed the problem.

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2016

Hi @Seth, can you share what that workaround is?  Having the same problem.

0 votes
Dillon Hillegeist April 12, 2016

Did you find the answer to this problem? I'm seeing similar issues.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2016

Are you trying to install in an offline environment? If so, that's not supported since 1.8.x, but some people have figured out workarounds.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events