During Commit, the submodule changes window is not working.

GlenLuettgerodt July 28, 2015

I am new to GIT so maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I seem to be having problems with submodules in SourceTree. I have setup a Stash server, and am using SourceTree as my UI on top of git. I have three repositories in Stash, consisting of two apps and one for a shared common set of libraries. I have added the common libraries repo as a submodule of the two app repos. When I make a change, such as adding a file to the submodule in one of the apps, SourceTree fails to function during the Commit. It sucessfully detects that there are changes in the submodule that should be comitted, but when I click the "open..." button in the submodules dialog, the new window shows nothing, in fact most of the dropdowns and labels are missing and the cancel button doesn't work (see screenshots). Am I doing something wrong here?

SourceTree Submodule Check.png

SourceTree Submodule Commit.png

git status output:

C:\Projects\FTAP\avails>git status
warning: refname 'HEAD' is ambiguous.
warning: refname 'HEAD' is ambiguous.
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes to be committed:
  (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
        modified:   Another_test.txt
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
  (commit or discard the untracked or modified content in submodules)
        modified:   common (modified content)

1 answer

1 vote
GlenLuettgerodt July 30, 2015

Seems that this is a known issue... https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1912

One commenter provided a workaround that effectively translates into "Cancel out of submodule check and commit submodules directly"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events