Download your SourceTree license (broken link)

Juan Perez January 20, 2014

hello

I register to get a sourceTree licence, but the link to download doesn work.

License Key:
Download your SourceTree license. Within SourceTree select from the menu bar "SourceTree > Registration", click "Import License" to import the downloaded the license file.

Whe I click on "Download your SourceTree license" i got:

No webpage was found for the web address:https://my.atlassian.com/license/file/xxxxx

13 answers

1 vote
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Just to let everyone know that this issue has now been resolved on my.atlassian.com, you should all be able to download your license manually. Just as a sidenote though, it is possible to do all of this within the app itself without having to go directly to my.atlassian.com.

Cheers

1 vote
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

Hey all,

This has been reported to our internal system admins. In the meantime, however, you can still get your license file using SourceTree itself. On Mac go to the SourceTree menu and hit "Registration", from here you can login to your my.atlassian.comaccount and it'll automatically download your license file. The same applies to Windows, except the option is in File > Registration.

Cheers

Sergey Yakuin January 21, 2014

Thanks! It works.

Oliver Lorton January 23, 2014

Product improvement suggestion:

Before coming to this thread, I had no idea you could just do this. Would it make more sense to steer the user down this route than suggesting that they download a file from the website?

Jing Tyagi September 7, 2016

There is no File > Registration for my sourcetree, it's version is 1.9.6.1. So my issue is that how do I import the downloaded license?

Thanks,

Jing

Abdallah Day October 20, 2016

I'm also unable to find "Registration" under the Sourcetree menu in the menu bar. Please help.

SourceTree for Mac (version 2.3.1)

Thanks.

0 votes
Juan Perez February 18, 2014

What I did to solve it:

- Unistall SourceTree

- Install it again

- Follow Kieran instrunctions

Thanks to all

0 votes
Juan Perez February 12, 2014

To solved I unistall the produc install again at that point I folow Kieran recomendation

0 votes
Juan Perez January 23, 2014

My trial period expired so that solution does not work for me I got two options Import or Drag license

Oliver Lorton January 23, 2014

My trial period had also expired and it did work for me. Sourcetree asked me for my username and password and automatically installed the license.

0 votes
Oliver Lorton January 22, 2014

Same problem for me.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2014

Hey Oliver. Take a look above and my answer should help you.

Oliver Lorton January 22, 2014

Thanks, all sorted.

0 votes
Radium_88 January 22, 2014

Yup same probelm for me, cannot download the license. On chrome -> "This page is not found" and same 404 on Firefox.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2014

Hey Ramitha. My answer above will help you out.

Radium_88 January 22, 2014

Hi Kieran,
I'm on mac, when I click on Registration under Source Tree all I see is Import License and Register Now - Free! apart from Close, where do I sign in to my.atlassian.comfrom the app??

Thanks

0 votes
Joseph Wielgosz January 21, 2014

Same problem. I can report that the in-app registration process worked fine. Thanks Kieran.

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2014

I've tested this too with an existing/new license and get exactly the same error with the file not found. Existing license in my list also has a download link that fails.

0 votes
Sergey Yakuin January 21, 2014

I've just got the same problem

File not found

Can't download Sourcetree license from page https://my.atlassian.com/products/index

0 votes
John Perry January 21, 2014

This is happening to me as well.

Exact same, have the link and it opens to an error page, generated by browser not site, so looks like server side error: Error code: ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

0 votes
Juan Perez January 20, 2014

hi, when use this url https://my.atlassian.com/products

I can see that I have a license:

Licensed To: Me
License Key:

When I click on it directs me to the url referred on the original message:

https://my.atlassian.com/license/file/3540079

getting: No webpage was found for the web address:

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

Have you looked at the licenses you own on the base https://my.atlassian.com/productlink.

It should show there if you have one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events