Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download link for SourceTree for Windows that isn't an EXE file

Christos Delivorias August 14, 2014

Hey guys,

For us behind corporate firewalls, is it possible to provide a download link for SourceTree that isn't an EXE file? Perhaps a ZIPped version of the installation package?

Thanks,

Christos

2 answers

0 votes

Thanks for the link Rene. This seems to have "solved" my issue.

I know it defeats the purpose, but what can you do...

Thanks for the help

0 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Online services like http://archive.online-convert.com/convert-to-zipseem to work for this.

Or convince your IT department to allow EXE download :)
If they allow ZIP but not EXE, it kind of defeats the purpose...

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

It would be worthwhile to see if your IT department has a whitelist that SourceTree could be added to.

Traditionally speaking, changing IT black lists is not a straight-forward exersise.

But in this case, the issue they're having is that the download fails to complete. It's not an issue of a blocked site for them, just for myself. Do you have an alternate download URL for the EXE file, or a ZIPped version of it so that I might try and download it?

Thanks.

Christos

rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Like I posted earlier, paste the original download URL in a service like http://archive.online-convert.com/convert-to-zip, and you can download it as a ZIP.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events