Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download file SourceTreeSetup-2.1.2.5.1499714821- EXE? ZIP?

Deleted user July 10, 2017

I clicked the SourceTree download link for Windows. The resulting file was "SourceTreeSetup-2.1.2.5.1499714821", which is neither an EXE nor a ZIP file.

The file can be opened in 7ZIP, so structurally it is an archive, and if the ".exe" extension is added it appears to start running but an error popup reports "Installation has failed" and "Failed to extract installer".

Note that I was never prompted to provide an Atlassian account, which I'd understood would be required. If that's the case it never got that far.

This occurred in a Win 7 Pro installation with group policy restrictions on where executable content can be located. I copied the above file to one of the allowed folders prior to running it.

Of course it could be running afoul of other restrictions, such as extracting content to a folder where I don't have write access, or attempting to update the registry, etc., etc..

Am I missing something here?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2017

Hi Daniel! Your initial issue is known to be happening to users that were using Internet Explorer to download the file. If you try a different one, the file should be downloaded with the right extension. 

Regarding the installation, SourceTree needs to be installed in %LocalAppData%, if the installer is not able to access it, the installation will fail.

Let us know if you need any further assistance!

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events