Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't always tell you a pull is waiting

fezztah October 8, 2018

Run source tree windows app with 4 different repositories, it starts up and just sits there. Click on the different repositories, switch between file status and branches. Nothing to report. Yet I know there are changes I need to pull on two of these repositories. Click around a bit more, nothing. Eventually one of the repositories shows a 1 next to the pull button. After pulling that, the other one shows a 1. I don't get this, it can't be meant to work like that? Surely you would start up the app, then the first thing it should do is see if there are any remote changes that need pulling and warn you? I'm sat here thinking I have an up to date project, but it isn't. Sure, I'd find out when I tried to push some changes, but that might be far too late. Is it a bug or just expected behaviour?

1 answer

1 vote
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2018

Hello! This is an expected behavior -- fetching remote changes is done in the background, and unless someone else is working on your branch it shouldn't actually impact anything. Additionally, fetching remote changes can be an expensive operation depending on your network speed and repository size (hence it being in the background)

However, you can manually trigger this check via the menu "Repository > Refresh Remote Status" or by running "Fetch".  You can also lower the auto refresh time by changing "Check default remotes for updates every [10] minutes" in "Options > General".

fezztah October 17, 2018

Thanks for the reply, I'll up that default check time to ever minute.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events