Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does bitbucket no longer support Altassian Login accounts if you have 2 factor enabled?

Grant Kemp August 4, 2016

It seems that they have migrated my account from Bitbucket to Atlassian.  However in Source tree you can only add in your Bitbucket username not your Atlassian account details. 

image2016-8-4 13:14:8.png

I use 2 factor authentication, so when I enter in my Atlassian password - it just fails and I can't get access. 

but I can't seem to add in my attlassian username anywhere. 

I am unable to reset my Bitbucket password as it just directs me to Atlassian. 

Do I need to stop using Sourcetree now that I have been migrated to Atlassian.  Any idea how to go back to Bitbucket? and get this working?

I tried even using the app passwords feature in Source tree but just get this error: 

image2016-8-4 13:20:11.png

Edit: I tried removing my two factor and resetting my password and it appears to still get error: 

SDNetDomain error 7.

5 answers

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

You can now use SourceTree with a 2FA enabled Bitbicket account. We have added support for OAuth. Please download the latest build from the sourcetreeapp.com, remove any existing accounts and add the account with OAuth as authentication type. 

0 votes

App passwords don't seem to work as above. Basically they were so keen to move to Atlassian accounts they broke source tree for users. I am so disappointed with this, I actually started looking at other git  clients and services. 

I dont care care if the account is under Atlassian bitnucket or PokemonGit as long as it works. To deliberately break behaviour and not tell users is really awful. 

I hope this is not the case and it's just a bug they didn't test properly 

0 votes
Rodney
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2016

Isn't the "App passwords" in BitBucket's Access Management Settings designed to address this?

Here is the description from the website.

"App passwords allow two-step verification users to access their Bitbucket account through apps such as SourceTree. We'll generate the app passwords for you, and you won't need to remember them."

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2016

Hello Grant,

At the moment, SourceTree does not support 2FA enabled accounts. However, we are working on getting OAuth feature in SourceTree to allow users to enable 2FA on their accounts. This work is in progress and we have an active beta with some known bugs and limitations available for public use. Please feel free to download the current active beta at https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/sourcetree-betas/downloads

Furthermore, you can signup for all the news on beta at our beta forum.

Thanks,

Manjunath

0 votes

I have just reset the password on the main account two or 3 times.

It looks like it works fine on web but doesn't work at all on Source Tree. 

What a nightmare - you would think they would test the migrated accounts aren't locked out when they migrate acocunts. 

So looks like I am locked out of using Sourcetree  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events