Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SourceTree impose limitation on the sizes of the LFS-tracked files?

Toshio Kikuchi June 15, 2017

Hi,

Does anybody know whether SourceTree has limitation on the sizes of the files that are tracked in LFS?

Currently I'm using SourceTree and seeing an issue described below:

1. Commiting a huge file (>1GB) to a local, LFS-enabled repository works fine.
  2. Pushing the same repository from SourceTree to Bitbucket Server (4.14) skips uploading the huge file body, and results in "File not found" error in Bitbucket.

Thanks. I appreciate any kind of related information.

Regards,
Toshio

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

As a client SourceTree doesn't impose any limitations for LFS or other operations. Please raise a support ticket against Bitbucket Server for us to investigate what's going on. Apologies for the hiccup, thanks for your patience.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

Toshio Kikuchi June 19, 2017

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your answer.

Humm, the reason for my suspition was that, in case of >1GB huge files, HTTP PUT session of the file body was not even initiated according to the Bitbucket access log file.

Actually I've already contacted the support team, and they said that Bitbucket does not have any limitation on the LFS file size.

Anyway I'll try to collect log files etc and get back either to you or to the support team, according to whichever software is more suspitious from the collected evidence :)

Best regards,
Toshio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events