Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SourceTree have an Open With

Philip Cannata January 24, 2014

When I click right on a file, I see "Open"but not and "Open With". Is it possible to add this to the menu?

1 answer

1 vote
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

There's already a feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-875

... but Atlassian implemented it in a more generic way (at least in SourceTree for Windows):

• In the context menu you find an entry: "Custom action". This can be used to call an external application with the given file
  • The custom action can be configured via "Tools->Options->Custom Actions" ...

Hope that helps ...

Philip Cannata January 26, 2014

Thanks for teh response, but I don't see "Tools"

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Are you using SourceTree on Windows or Mac?

I'm using SourceTree on Mac

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2014

The above solution is Windows-only. I use Windows as well, so I don't know if there is a solution on Mac.

On the Mac, if I go to "Actions->Custom Actions" the menu has no items, bummer.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2014

You'd have to create the actions yourself. You'll need to know the command line arguments to launch a file into the software you want.

The command line would be open -a /Applications/TextWrangler.app myfile.txt but where do I put it, i.e., how do I create and action with this command line?

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2014

In windows, the Custom Actions window has an "Add" button. When I click that it has me give the action a name, specify the script, and specify the parameters. It lists the variables you can use in the parameters ($REPO, $FILE, and $SHA).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events