Does SourceTree 1.5.4 on a Mac work with System Mercurial version 2.3.1?

Software Foreint October 4, 2012

I'm using SourceTree 1.5.4 on a Mac PowerBook Pro 10.7.5, and have it set to use System Mercurial which is version 2.3.1. When I try to create a new repository I get the following messages:

hg init -y /Users/sshantz/myrepo

abort: No module named repo!

Completed with errors, see above

If I reset to the embedded Mercurial I can create a new repo without any problem. Does SourceTree support using Mercurial 2.3.1?

Thanks, Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

I hadn't tried hg 2.3 yet, but I just did so and it appears they've made another breaking change to the module structure which breaks the hgsubversion extension. Very annoying when they do this!

For the moment, the workaround is to either use the embedded hg 2.2.x, or disable the hgsubversion extension in Preferences > Mercurial (uncheck the box next to hgsubversion). Either way worked for me, but obviously with the latter approach you won't be able to interact with Subversion servers.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events