Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable automatic merge

Mayke Kloppenburg May 12, 2015

This is the situation:

We are working on a project with different branches. Whenever I pull from one branch, sourceTree automatically makes a commit with a branche merge. However, I do not want to merge the branches. The only way to get rid of it is resetting the commit in a command line. Last time sourcetree even managed to create a merge conflict, even though i did not change anything.

How do I disable this?

2 answers

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

In Tools\Options\Git, set these two the way they are on the screenshot:

image2015-5-12 14:39:54.png

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

You will still have to merge if your local unpushed changes conflict with the changes you are pulling.

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2015

"Pull" inherently implies merge.  I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  If you are saying that you have branch_a and branch_b and branch_a is getting merged into branch_b when you do a pull, then you must be pulling from the branch that isn't checked out.  Try checking out a branch before pulling that branch so that it pulls into the correct branch.

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2015

Pull with rebase does not do merge.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events