Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences View Line Numbers

Chris Dant March 29, 2013

In SourceTree Mac 1.6.0b1 (but also in 1.5.8)

On the Repository Window, File status File Status View, with a Git repository and staging enabled, the differences view (shows the contents of a selected file) displays mangled line numbers for some file types.

I first noticed this with a CSV file, but then observed it with a file with no extension (like README).

Here's a video that demonstrates the problem I'm seeing:

http://youtu.be/qWgUz89uHuY

And here's a screen shot:

Problem with Differences View line numbers

Seems most likely that this is user error of some sort, but I can't see how. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Hi Chris,

This is an encoding issue which we've seen in the past due the diff view not seeing the line endings it's expecting. There's an open issue here which causes the problems you're showing. It's not really user error, it's just the SourceTree diff view doesn't know to handle the encoding. In fact, the diff is ripped out from what Git reports back, which in this case likely means the line endings are different from what's expected.

Keep an eye out on that issue we've linked, it's still an open ongoing issue that we plan to look at in more detail in the future. I'll put a vote on the issue on your behalf.

Cheers

Chris Dant April 1, 2013

Great explanation, thanks. I'll watch that bug and see if I can't work out the line endings on my end.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events