I used to always see diffs in SourceTree of my .pbxproj. As of about a month ago, I see "diff suppressed". This happens consistently across Xcode projects. I do not have any files set to binary in a .gitattributes file, and `git diff` on the command line shows me the diff. How can I troubleshoot this problem? It's a pain to use an external diff, as sometimes I want to be able to stage or discard lines or hunks.
I'm running Xcode 4.6.2 and SourceTree 1.5.6.
Open up Preferences, go to the Diff tab and check out the suppression options there - to keep performance snappy we have options to suppress interactive diffs when files get to a certain size, or certain types of file (wildcard matches). You can tailor those to your needs.
Thanks, both. This has solved the problem for me.
For the record the project file for one of our projects is currently tipping the scales at just over 1.2MB in size. The main reason for this is that we've got a reasonably large number of targets (i.e. added files soon increase bloat if they're members of all targets).
I wonder whether you might consider, in future:
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs