Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-committing versions

Michael Robinson January 10, 2014

After "Committing" a number of changes from the local database, I tried to push to the main database and got an error message saying "... remote: abort: No space left on device". We have checked the main database and there is plenty of space allocated to this directory.

What can I do to address this?

1 answer

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2014

Hey Michael,

I don't know what OS you're using, whether it's Git or Mercurial, or what versions, but based on your description it may be related to this in the Mercurial FAQ: http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/FAQ#FAQ.2FCommonProblems.I_get_a_.22no_space_left.22_or_.22disk_quota_exceeded.22_on_push

Let me know if that's related, or if that helps in solving your problem and we can go from there if it doesn't.

Cheers

Michael Robinson January 16, 2014

Hi Kieran

Thank you for your response. We are using a Mercurial system. The fis is beyond my technical capabilities so I referred it to our technical people.

As a first step they suggested I clear my /tmp folder. While this seemed to work to start we then had a merge issue, which once fixed we then got the same error message as before.

So the issue is not yet resolved and I still cannot "push". It will have to wait a few weeks now as I have some deadlines to meet and can't keep sending time on this issue. We are jsut about to deploy and market a major update to our system, so we will probably get back to this in two weeks. Sorry if that creates issues for your system.

Thanks again

Michael Robinson

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

You should have your technical people check the temp directory on the computer hosting the main database, not your own computer.

The problem in Kieran's link basically boils down to this: the data you are pushing gets decompressed in the remote's temp directory. If there isn't enough room to unpack it, you get the error. This could be because the directory is full, or because the push is just too big.

Michael Robinson January 29, 2014

Thanks Seth. That was helpful. (Apologies for delay in responding - we had a big launch to get through)

We have checked the remote directory and there is more than enough space.

That means that the Push is too big - what is the maximum size of a Push? We have previously been able to push 50MB files. The problem Push was less than that, but had multiple files organised in folders (total push size was of the order of 20MB).

How do we now go about reloading some relatively large changes? One folder at a time?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events