Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continually getting Authentication Failed in Sourcetree for the Mac

Stan von Miller January 25, 2018

I have the latest version, and in preferences when I hit the connect button I'm prompted for login and that all works fine. But when I commit I get the error below. It worked yesterday but now it's stopped working. I also had a lot of problems with the keychain and sourcetree as well. The mac version sure seems buggy to me when it comes to credentials. I'm not using a 3rd party, I'm just logging in direct:

remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.

fatal: Authentication failed for 

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know what might be going on? Is this the only way to get support for Sourcetree? Seems like it.

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

We've had some report of this and got a fix in the latest beta. Would you mind trying that and share your feedback?

You can download the latest beta build here - https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/sourcetree-betas/downloads/OSX_Beta_Latest.zip

Thanks!

Stan von Miller January 29, 2018

Thanks. I've gotten it to work by switching to https. I'm on a critical timeline right now and can't afford any more issues, so I'd prefer not to install a beta. If this problem appears again I'll give the beta a try.

Thank you,

Stan

Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

On a related note, the issues were from using ssh, I recommend you check the ssh agent to see if the keys are loaded and add them if they are not.

List keys

ssh-add -l

Add key

ssh-add <path_to_key>

e.g.,

ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa 
Like Oleg Shipulin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events