Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column widths keep being reset to an inappropriate total width

Dan Neely October 12, 2016

The column widths in the upper right table of commits won't keep the overall widths I set for them.  While the application is maximized Sourcetree keeps resizing them downward to only use half of the available space obscuring part of the time stamp and most of the description in the process.

It might be a coincidence, but the forced resizings are leaving the rightmost edge of the last column at 1264 pixels, which with 16 more for the vertical scrollbar suggests that it's resizing on the assumption that it's on an elderly 1280x#### screen.

I'm using v 1.9.6.1 for Windows.

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Neely October 13, 2016

I think I've figured out what's happening and have found a work around.  It's definitely a bug in the application though.

My non-maximized window size was 1280 pixels wide, and even while maximized that's the width that the application is using to trigger an auto-resize of the columns.  Manually resizing the window to the full width of my monitor and then maximizing it has suppressed the problem because the incorrect source its using for the overall dialog width (width non-maximized) is the same as the actual width (while maximized).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events