Clone a repository but not sure how to create src folder

Hui Zhao September 17, 2015

Sorry, It may be stupid. I created a repository in Bitbucket, then I copied the uri to SourceTree to clone it to a local destination.

Now I found there is a .git folder. I saw usually there is a src folder in other guys. Is the src folder is created manually? Also there is no master and develop branches shown.

I want to use Visual Studio to deploy the code.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2015

You have to create the source folder. the branches (including master) will appear only when you checkin some files.

Hui Zhao September 18, 2015

Thanks. I checked in the code in SourceTree in master, but it only shows master branch without develop branch. Do I miss some steps?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2015

You need to create the branch by yourself as well. Stash gives you the option to give with any branching strategy you like. Gitlfow is only one of the options but you have to create the branches.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events