Cherry Picking on SourceTree?

Albert Cruz May 11, 2015

I've tried every instruction on Cherry Picking but I can't see that option when I right click on a SourceTree commit. Can someone give a real step-by-step guide instead of a vague "right click to Cherry Pick". I'm using Mercurial by the way.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

I only use Git, but this is what it looks like. It shows up for me when right clicking any commit. It is visible but disabled when right clicking "Uncommitted changes".Capture.PNG

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2015

In mercurial, it might be called "graft": http://selenic.com/hg/help/graft

Albert Cruz May 12, 2015

thanks so much. I tried it but I still confused. i have branch a and branch b, I created a commit from branch b and changed a line of code. I then grafted the commit I did and the changes I made aren't reflected on branch a.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2015

When you cherry-pick/graft a commit, a new commit will be created with the same changes on the branch that you have checked out. Did you checkout branch a before trying to cherry-pick the changes there?

Albert Cruz May 12, 2015

thank so much. finally made the graft, turns out there was a problem with my sourcetree and didn't show the push/pulls to be done until i restarted it. Thanks again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events