Checking source hangs when cloning from bitbucket via ssh

I am attempting to clone my repository on bitbucket to my server (windows 2012 r2).  I have set up my ssh keys, and when i attempt to clone the ( Repository Type: Checking Source ) just hangs...

What could cause this? 

Update: I have verified that ssh connection is being allowed through the firewall yet still getting the same problem.

2 answers

Probably your firewall or something else blocking the traffic. You can verify this by trying the same with HTTP(S) authentication instead of SSH.

Thanks for the response Balazs, Https connection works immediately. SSH still spins...

You need to figure out what is blocking the SSH traffic. Probably your firewall, but it could also be another program.

Thanks, I will have to look into it.

The Balazs's answer didn't work for me. In my case, I found out the solution typing the password for bitbucket.org in authentication tab prior to clone the repository. Likewise, i ruled out a second entry with www.bitbucket.org, I just remained one entry that is bitbucket.org. 

auth_tab_sourcetree.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

253 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot