It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Checking source hangs when cloning from bitbucket via ssh

I am attempting to clone my repository on bitbucket to my server (windows 2012 r2).  I have set up my ssh keys, and when i attempt to clone the ( Repository Type: Checking Source ) just hangs...

What could cause this? 

Update: I have verified that ssh connection is being allowed through the firewall yet still getting the same problem.

2 answers

Probably your firewall or something else blocking the traffic. You can verify this by trying the same with HTTP(S) authentication instead of SSH.

Thanks for the response Balazs, Https connection works immediately. SSH still spins...

Like k.kang likes this

You need to figure out what is blocking the SSH traffic. Probably your firewall, but it could also be another program.

Thanks, I will have to look into it.

I was having the same issue and cloning with HTTP(S) authentications worked like a charm! Thank you!

The Balazs's answer didn't work for me. In my case, I found out the solution typing the password for bitbucket.org in authentication tab prior to clone the repository. Likewise, i ruled out a second entry with www.bitbucket.org, I just remained one entry that is bitbucket.org. 

auth_tab_sourcetree.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,927 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you