Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes not being tracked

Gibran Shah January 9, 2017

Hello,

I just migrated my source code to a new computer. I did it through SourceTree connecting to my BitBucket account.

I have several projects in my Visual Studio 2015 solution. In all except one project, I'm able to modify the source code and have Visual Studio recognize the changes and list them in Team Explorer. When I commit them, they show up as commits in SourceTree. But there's one project for which this is not working. It's my unit test project. For some reason, any changes I do in this project do not get recognized as changes in Team Explorer. I have verified that this project is indeed in the repository under my BitBucket account, but for some reason the changes are not being tracked.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening? Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Gibran Shah January 11, 2017

Problem solved: I was unaware that adding items to gitignore will do nothing if those items are already being tracked. To untrack Database.jfm I had to remove it from the cache with:

git rm --cache Database/Database.jfm

0 votes
Gibran Shah January 10, 2017

Update: it turns out ALL projects are untracked. The unit tests were just the one's a noticed first.

My google research tells me to try: git add -u. When I do that I get the following error message:

error: open("Database/Database.jfm"): Permission denied
error: unable to index file Database/Database.jfm
fatal: updating files failed

I don't know why permissions are all of a sudden denied on Database.jfm. I'm not even sure what that is.

In any case I tried:

git add --ignore-errors.

I tried adding Database.jfm to .gitignore.

But none of that works.

Please help me if you have any insights at all. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events