Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my Bitbucket password now Sourcetree cannot pull from remote.

Hayden Passmore March 4, 2019

Hi,

I recently changed my password on Bitbucket and I have attempted to re-authenticate using OAuth. However, I am unable to pull from origin.

What I have Tried

• Refreshing OAuth Token in the authentication settings
  • Completely removing the Bitbucket account in the authentication settings then re adding it
  • Logged out of all Atlassian/Bitbucket sessions the tried refreshing the OAuth token. 
    • This caused me to have to log back in which I was able to do.
  • Went to windows credentials manager and removed any Bitbucket and Sourcetree credentials.

After trying all of the above steps Sourcetree is saying that the Authentication is ok with a green tick but unfortunately when I try to push or pull from the remote I recieve an error saying the following.

remote: Invalid username or password
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://<my username>@bitbucket.org/xeppo/xeppo.git/'

Thanks,

Hayden

If it helps I am using SourceTree version 2.6.10.0

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hayden Passmore March 4, 2019

Hi to solve this I was able to log in to Bitbucket through visual studio's Bitbucket extension (If you don't have this install it using visual studios 'Tools > Extensions and updates' then search for Bitbucket extension.

What I had to do was attempt to clone the remote repository in Bitbucket then I was prompted to enter in my login details. Then after logging in I was able to go to Sourcetree and push/pull from the remote.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events