Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change name displayed for repo in SourceTree on Windows's tabs

oompaloompadiapers December 8, 2013

How can I change the name displayed for a repo in SourceTree's tabs?

Note that I don't want to change the actual repo's name. This isn't a git question; I just want to display what SourceTree shows me in its tabs.

EDIT: Sorry, yes, Windows.

5 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2013

You can right-click on the bookmark and select Rename.

Funny you should say that; I right-clicked enough on the tab before asking to feel like an idiot, coming back after I looked through the menu options again, as if if I did it enough, it'd finally work. No luck on Windows.

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2013

Are you right-clicking on the bookmark or the tab? You should be using the bookmark on the left. Hopefully the screenshot below helps.

Money. Thanks. The width of my bookmarks sidebar had been set to essentially zero, and I stupidly figured Windows didn't have the Mac's bookmark "window". Much better.

Gerrit Brouwer May 2, 2016

Same here. Dragging the (almost hidden) leftmost border reveals the bookmarks pane. Took me some time to find out...

12 votes
Dhananjay_Kumar April 5, 2018

Its quite simple (renaming a tab/tabs). Please refer to the attached screenshot. Note that my Sourcetree version is 2.4.8.0 (when the screenshot was taken).

But just in case the attached screenshot is not accessible - Open new tab in Sourcetree. In the "New Tab", one should see the list of existing repos/tabs. Right click on a tab, and one should see a Rename option. 

Rename Tab in Sourcetree 2.jpg

0 votes
EdG October 17, 2023

This could be a version issue. I just got a new computer and downloaded windows ver 3.4.15, and could not rename the tabs/bookmarks, whatever I tried. I installed archive version 3.4.11 and it immediately picked up the changed bookmark names.

EdG October 17, 2023

In fact, in 3.4.11 if you rename the bookmark, it reflects in the tab immediately without any need to restart.

0 votes
ruisilva June 30, 2020

When the Bookmark Sidebar is pinned, I can't rename a tab that's inside a folder.
Only the root level ones get to be editable.

The workaround is to it the ➕ sign to add a tab and rename on that screen

0 votes
Peter Meijering April 18, 2020

In Windows select 'Toggle Bookmarks Sidebar (Ctrl-B)' from the 'View' menu, then change the name.

Also note that the change is not visible immediately, you'll need to restart SourceTree to see the name actually being changed on the tab.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events