Change graph style from SourceTree to mimic the Bitbucket one

Xavi Moll November 20, 2016

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 11.14.50.png                                         Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 11.15.23.png

Is there any way to display the git graph in SourceTree as it's displayed in Bitbucket? The first image is from Bitbucket and it's what i would expect (green line is develop, clear blue is master and deep blue, pink and yellow are feature branches). The second one is from SourceTree and every line is a merge from develop (blue) to master (pink). I don't want to see up top the merge commits from months ago from develop to master. Bitbucket displays it the way that i expect it.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2016

To start, try changing the sort from Date Order to Ancestor Order. I prefer Date Order, but Bitbucket (your stated preference) seems to be ancestor order.

I can't tell how Bitbucket is handling the merges to master, because the Ancestor order results in those commits being pushed out of the viewable area.

Xavi Moll November 21, 2016

OMG! The sort by 'Date Order' did the trick. Thank you so much! 💯

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events