Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default SourceTree config directory

mLupin April 8, 2017

We're currently looking forward to installing SourceTree in our enterprise-like enviroment. However, our users' data are all stored on a network drive and mounted during every login. That means that all application data stored in %appdata% are being saved externally, outside the local computer, so users can access all their data on every computer they sign in to.

However, %localappdata% folder is not being stored on a network drive. And, unfortunately, this is exactly where SourceTree stores its configuration and license files. Because of that, users would have to login to their accounts every time they sign in to a computer. This is unacceptable for us and I have not found a solution myself.

So, here's the question: how can I change the location of SourceTree's config and license files from %localappdata% to %appdata%?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2017

Hi Maciej,

Changing the location of the SourceTree config file is not currently possible. We have a feature request, however, and you can find it at SRCTREEWIN-5231. You can check the comment by Benedict Lee for the latest update. If you'd like you can also write a comment, watch the ticket for updates or vote for it. 

I hope this answers your question, Maciej.

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events