Cant Install SourceTree Rejects Atlassian Username Password

Working in Windows, I've downloaded sourcetree.

As part of the SourceTree installation instructions I need to enter in my Atlassian username and password. At which point I get the error message "We've encountered a problem. Please try again in a few minutes". Been a few days and still the same message.

My atlassian username, password works in the atlassian website so I am able to access my account. But the username password does not work for the SourceTree install process.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Sara, can you open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab and click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings and check Delete personal settings? This seemed to work for other users that were experiencing the same problem.

Let us know if it worked for you!

Best regards,

Ana

Hi Ana, 

Unfortunately that did not work. I reset my internet explorer settings and deleted personal settings. But I am still not able to get past the enter in the username and password portion of the install instructions with the message "We've encountered a problem. Please try again in a few minutes."

Any other recommendations?

Sara

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

849 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you