Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sig in while installing source tree on windows

pbimalkhedkar October 12, 2017

I am trying to install source tree on my desktop. When I go to the  Atlassian account tab, I select use existing account.

When I enter my credentials, it just keeps processing and does nothing.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Hi Priyanka, are you getting a blank screen? If so, that issue has already been reported in our bug tracker at SRCTREEWIN-7244. There are a few workarounds listed in the comments, there's one specially that seems to be working for most of the users so I'll copy it here for you:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Some users shared other tips too, so you might want to check this Community thread. Let us know if it worked for you! 

If it's something different, please clarify what specific issue are you getting and send us a screenshot so we can continue helping you. 

Best regards,

Ana

pbimalkhedkar October 13, 2017

Hello Ana, 

I will this out however I am not getting a blank screen. I am on the login screen and i enter my credentials click submit and i get a processing icon which runs in a loop and then nothing. It just keeps running.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events