I have Sourcetree installed on 2 Windows computers using the same Bitbucket account. One computer has no problem merge/pull/push etc., but the other cannot and asks me to log in everytime. I have uninstalled Sourcetree on the problematic computer and try to re-install and log in again but it still does not work.
1. I can view the repos under this account
2. However when cloning a repo
3. I get this screen and password input does not work
What I have tried:
1. Both computers show OAuth token green
2. The account info in the General tab is the same for both computer
3. I can log in with browser just fine
4. I have installed Git Credential Manager for Windows 1.18.5, but after that I dont know what else to do (how do I open it? It does not show up in Start menu)
You don't have to do anything once the git-credential-manager-for-windows (GCM) is installed -- git will automatically find and use it for you. Do both machines now have the latest GCM, and have you tried to clone on the problematic machine after upgrading the GCM?
Note: if you get a prompt that looks the same as the one you posted again then git isn't using the latest version of the GCM and you might need to install git-for-windows manually, and then tell Sourcetree to use "System Git" rather than embedded git (Tools > Options > Git)
Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events