Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install SourceTree on Windows 10

Anna Bakhanova November 1, 2017

I'm trying to install SourceTree 2.3.5.0 on Windows 10. I see a small splash screen and the SourceTree icon reappears on Desktop, but nothing else happens. SourceTree won't start up. I'm getting following errors:

From sourcetree.log:

ERROR [2017-11-01 14:05:48,149] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied

From events log:

1) Application: SourceTree.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.InvalidCastException at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(System.Guid ByRef, System.Object, Int32, System.Guid ByRef) at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.CreatePimcManager() at MS.Win32.Penimc.UnsafeNativeMethods.get_PimcManager() at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadWorker+WorkerOperationGetTabletsInfo.OnDoWork() at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadWorker+WorkerOperation.DoWork() at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadWorker.ThreadProc() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

2) SourceTree.exe 2.3.5.0 59d5304e KERNELBASE.dll 10.0.10240.17643 59c09c85 e0434352 000000000002a1c8 19ac 01d353122145860b C:\Users\Hanna\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.3.5\SourceTree.exe C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll d4c5ed3a-9758-45e8-8103-34a9ef457692

I tried to remove everything under C:\Users\Hanna\AppData\Local\Atlassian and C:\Users\Hanna\AppData\Local\SourceTree but that didn't help.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2017

Hi Anna! You can find the solution in this other Community thread, it's the answer proposed by Mike Corsaro:

Please navigate to the config file location (C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_{RANDOM_GUID}\2.3.1.0\user.config) and find the following line:

<setting name="AutomaticallyCleanUpDictionaryFiles" serializeAs="String">

<value>True</value>

</setting>

Make sure that value is set to True

Let us know if it worked for you!

Cheers,

Ana

Anna Bakhanova November 1, 2017

Unfortunately, this doesn't help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders