Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install SourceTree latest: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Soumashis Dutta May 5, 2013

I am trying to install SourceTree 0.9.1.2/ 0.9.2.2 to my windws 7 64-bit machine but could not succeed. FileNotFoundException is being shown while it is trying to "Verify Application Requirements" and then popped up as "Application could not be started. Contact the application vendor."

Would highly appreciate if someone can point out the real cause and possible solutions for the issue. I have installed .NET Framework 4.5 using both SourceTree installer as well as standalone installer.

Thanks in advance!

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.17929
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTree.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTree.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [5/6/2013 11:01:20 AM] : Activation of http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTree.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [5/6/2013 11:01:20 AM] System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.GetUserStore(UInt32 Flags, IntPtr hToken, Guid& riid)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore..ctor(ComponentStoreType storeType, SubscriptionStore subStore)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Soumashis Dutta June 25, 2013

Yeah I think Atlassian has come up with a much stable installer with all the dependencies packaged together- so it installs like butter smooth. No more dreaded FileNotFoundExceprtion!

:)

So please use the latest installer.

0 votes
Mike Ponicsan June 23, 2013

Did you find resolution on this? I am running into the same issue. My deployment had previously worked but now it's not and the same error is being generated (file not found). Could this be tied to a security setting?

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

The installer system has completely changed since this issue was raised, have you downloaded the latest from sourcetreeapp.com to install?

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events