Cannot import licence file for Sourcetree on Mac.

Gary Frank January 20, 2014

Hi,

I registered Sourcetree and downloaded the licence file. However, when I try to import it inot Sourcetree, I get the message that the file, sourcetree.license.html, is not a valid licence file.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

Hi Gary,

This has been reported as a known issue with our internal sys admins. In the meantime you can get your license by just going to the SourceTree menu and hitting "Register" where you can login to your my.atlassian.comaccount which will automatically download your SourceTree license.

Cheers

Gary Frank January 23, 2014

Hi Kieran,

Your answer is not an answer. I arrived at the problem by registering and downloading the licence file. This is done already. Why would you ask me to do it a again? If you don't have a proper answer, just say so. Is there an estimation on when the problem will be fixed? As you can see, I am not the only person too have this problem. The site states that my licence is good untll February.

Regards,

Gary

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Hi Gary,

My answer explains what you need to do, although I could reword it for you. If you go into SourceTree and click on "Register" (either through the File menu on Windows or the SourceTree menu on Mac) then login to your my.atlassian.comaccount in there then it will automatically download your SourceTree license. The download you had was incorrect as there was a problem on my.atlassian.comwhich has since been resolved.

If you use either method again now it should work.

Cheers

Gary Frank January 23, 2014

Hi Kieran,

You have to admit, that you didn't actually say that the problem was fixed. Thanks, I appreciate your help on this.

Regards,

Gary

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

Hi Gary,

That's because the problem wasn't fixed when I answered your question initially. As a result of this thread (and others) the IT team raised the priority and made a quick turnaround, so I appreciate you taking your time asking on here as it does help raise priorities and fix the issue for everyone else experiencing the same problem.

Thanks again :)

0 votes
Shiran Pasternak January 21, 2014

Have the same issue. Loaded a proper license (called "sourcetree.license.html") but SourceTree does not recognize it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events