Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot correctly set the path to my local repository

SolarJonathan August 30, 2017

Hello,

I've just installed the latest version of SourceTree (version 2.1.11.0).

I've set up my local repository folder path in "Tools --> Options --> General --> Project folder", as I did in the past with earlier versions of SourceTree.

When I click on the "..." at the right of that path definition box, SourceTree correctly opens that directory where I locally save my files.

Nevertheless, when I go to "File Status" and I right click on a file from there and I choose "Show in Explorer", it directs me to another directory where it looks like SourceTree has pulled all the files from the server during the cloning operation. It is a directory that was set up by default, as "C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\". SourceTree only sees the files from there and not from the path that I have defined in Tools. 

What can I do to change this?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2017

Hi

I think there is a misunderstanding about the folders in use.

The Project folder in Tools/Options/General tab defines the default parent folder to use when you clone or create a repository.

When you right click and use 'Open in Explorer' it will simply use the location for the currently opened repository.

It sounds like the repository you are viewing was cloned before you set the default folder and so has been placed in the default Documents folder?

Charles Lema September 13, 2017

Hi Michael,

Is there a way to change this without re-cloning my repo?

Thanks 

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi

Yes.
You can simply move the repo folder using Windows Explorer and then re-open Sourcetree, if you try to open, double-click, the bookmark that pointed to the moved repo you should be prompted that it is no longer available and given an option to select the new folder.

Alternatively you can simply delete the 'bad' bookmark and create a new one using the 'Add' option on the new tab

0 votes
SolarJonathan September 4, 2017

Hello Michael,

Yes, this was exactly the problem! My intuition was telling me that something similar was happening, but I could not find how to work things out by myself. It is now fixed and I have been able to correctly clone my repo again using SourceTree v2.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events