Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot correct password for private git server credentials?

mbratch November 18, 2017

I'm running version 2.3.5.0 of Sourcetree on Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

I set up a private git server as a remote repository which I connected to with SourceTree. So, I have a local git repository on my client, and then the private remote repository I occasionally want to push to.

When I was setting it up, SourceTree let me enter the URL of the private repository. However, when I needed to enter the passphrase, I got fat fingered and entered it incorrectly. Now, SourceTree doesn't prompt any longer for the password but continues to raise an authentication error any time I try to push to the remote. I've looked all over for a setting to reset the password or cause it to reprompt me, but I can't find it.

I also tried deleting the remote and adding it back in, but it still doesn't prompt me.

So, I'm at a loss for how to fix this. I'm sure it's something simple, and I'm just not seeing it. Meanwhile, falling back to GitKraken...

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Can you please specify what platform you are using
Windows vs Mac? 
Also, Please include the version of Sourcetree. 

Thanks,
Manjunath
Sourcetree Developer

mbratch November 20, 2017

Oops, sorry. I'm running version 2.3.5.0 of Sourcetree on Windows 10 Pro Build 15063

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events