Can we push files from one local repository to another local repository

Deleted user April 27, 2015

I created 2 repositories.I added a file in first repository & added a remote url giving it the second repository location.In push window i selected name of added remote url(eg.C:\Users\Dimentrix\Documents\Company1) where the second repository is created.After clicking on push button does not result in any action.
So can we push files from one local repository to another local repository. 

2 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2015

It is completely possible to push to a local folder set as a remote, but the folder needs to be a Git repository. If it is an empty folder, you need to run 

git init

in it to make it a Git repository.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2015

Did these both start as empty repositories? What is your ultimate goal for treating one local repo as the remote of another? What does the commit graph look like in the second repository after pushing from the first? What do you mean by "does not result in any action? Did the Push dialog simply close without any sort of progress dialog? Or were you expecting a specific result on the second repository that you don't see?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events