Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use Assembla SVN repository

Setrio UY April 2, 2012

Hi, i can't clone an assembla SVN repository to use with SourceTree. It just get stuck after i set the login data. Any ideas? Tks!

5 answers

0 votes
Setrio UY April 3, 2012

Tks Steve! It works when i set the username in the URL.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2012

Alternatively, if you include your username in the URL it often resolves it, such as http://yourusername@svnhost.com/path/to/repo instead of just http://svnhost.com/path/to/repo

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2012

Sometimes svn doesn't flush the user/password prompts properly for a non-terminal and gets stuck, the easiest way around this is to have logged in once on the command line. Please can you try 'svn info <your URL>' in Terminal?

0 votes
Setrio UY April 2, 2012

Yep, is like you say. Provide the login details and stuck. Also i don't have any triangle on the UI because it never ends after stuck (leave the checking for more than 10 minutes without luck).

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2012

So you're prompted for the login details, and you provide those, then it doesn't get any further? Where exactly does it get stuck? If it's on the clone window you could expand the details by clicking on the disclosure triangle.

Also, what happens when you type 'svn info <your URL>' on the command line?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events