Can't register in sourcetree mac app

Jonathan Caouette February 23, 2015

Hi Since I registered my Sourcetree licence downloaded from my Atlassian account, my Sourcetree mac app can't connect to my bitbucket account...

I've been on google trying to fix this for about 4 hours and I'm getting desperate.  I get this message :

Login failed for your Bitbucket account.

The remote service said: 'The operation couldn’t be completed. (SDNetDomain error 7.)
{
error = {
id = ba28eec2f0334f50adc28c8e4fea34a9;
message = "'RepositoriesHandler' object has no attribute 'user'";
};
}

I know I have the write password and it does not contain any special characters.  I can also log in from the bitbucket web page.  I also noticed that when I try to register from the app with my Atlassian account it does not recognize my Atlassian credentials.

Hope to fix this soon as I use it for work every day.

3 answers

4 votes
Rick Kosbab August 7, 2016

I found a possibly better solution:

1. Add a new account
  2. For the "Host" drop down, select Bitbucket Server
  3. for "Host URL" I put in https://bitbucket.org/
  4. Enter the Username and Password
  5. For "Protocol" I selected HTTPS.
  6. Click OK

Now interestingly once i did this, it got added to the list as "Bitbucket Cloud" and acts normal.

3 votes
Chris Barr June 5, 2016

I also got this message, but after finding the answer in another thread I'll post it here also.

Make sure that the Protocol dropdown it set to SSH and NOT HTTPS

Ben Pavlovits June 27, 2016

That doesn't fix it for me.

Jonny Bergström July 5, 2016

Neither did it help me.

2 votes
Parichay Chatterji July 11, 2016

Okay - so I think I found a workaround. Not sure if this is wrong, or too obvious and I should have known better myself, but just in case this helps anyone else:

1. Log in to Bitbucket, select your repository, and copy the git CLONE path. Make sure HTTPS is selected.
  2. Then in your SourceTree client - instead of selecting "Bitbucket Cloud" (or whatever), instead select "Bitbucket Server".
  3. Make sure your client's protocol is set to HTTPS. Now paste the HTTPS path (copied from point 1 above) in your client (where it asks for server address).
  4. Enter auth details.
  5. Move on with life.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events