Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open repo!

Tevo Saks January 16, 2018

I changed my folder locations where I wanted my files to be.

But I can no longer open the window, where I have, push/pull options.

Do I have to make new repo again, clone new one and then copy all files to a new folder?Untitled.png

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

So, if I understand this correctly, you moved your local repository to a different location correct? If so, try and delete the bookmark in Sourcetree (right-click on it and select Remove bookmark from folder). Then click Add and select the new location of your repository. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

You may have to use the Delete instead of Remove bookmark... I just cleaned up my bookmarks and discovered that the Remove bookmark... was not working on some of the repositories.

Tevo Saks January 17, 2018

now i cant add itCapture.PNG

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2018

When you moved it, did you move everything in the repository or just parts of it? The most likely reason Sourcetree does not see it as a repository is because it is missing the .git directory. This directory contains everything that Git needs, and it must be in the root of your repository.

I did move entire folder.

So back to main idea.

I have to move everything out of www folder.

clone my repo from bitbucket to www folder

and place the new files back to www folder?

I think I do the above almost every time I use sourcetree xD

It just has been 6 months before I last used it, a lot of changes again.

For some reason, I can't make the source work for me like I want xD

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2018

Where the repository is locally has not affect, as long as the root contains the .git directory. So you could when you first clone the repository put it under your www directory if you want.

If you go to the repository on the command line and run git status what does it return? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events