Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't launch sourcetree after re-install

sheam March 19, 2015

In an attemp to get "clone in sourctree using HTTPS" working: I uninstalled SourceTree, deleted the 'Atlassian' folder from my AppData\Local folder.

I have installed sourcetree again, but after going through the setup it just closes/crashses silently. If I relaunch and click 'skip setup', it just closes/crashses silently. So no I am compeletely unable to run sourcetree.

There doesn't seem to be any log generated in appdata\local\atlassian\sourcetree to examine either.

In the windows application event log two error entries are generated:

Application: SourceTree.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFD9BB8BA3B

and

Faulting application name: SourceTree.exe, version: 1.6.14.0, time stamp: 0x54ea9dbe
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.9926.0, time stamp: 0x54be0015
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000002ba3b
Faulting process ID: 0x112c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0625d9fc7198d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\SourceTree.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: e0694cc7-ce50-11e4-ab41-c82a141ab805
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

What can I do to get SourceTree running again?

Thanks,
~Shea M. 

Answer

Yes I did try and reboot. What is the proper channel for getting help with SourceTree? I am unable to add comments, as apparently this answer system only lets you post 3 times per 24 hours.

2 answers

0 votes
ex-jedi March 30, 2015

Had this exact same problem today. Some other users have found it to be a temp files issue, so I ran CCleaner and it started up right after.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2015

I know I can't contribute much to this, but in the interest of gathering information: Have you rebooted?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events