Can't launch DiffMerge to resolve conflicts

alexroper July 12, 2012

Just started getting the following error when using the command Launch External Merge Tool.

DiffMerge gives me the error:

File (./inner.html.BASE.13191.html) not found.

But I can see these three files being created in the directory:

inner.html.BACKUP.13191.html

inner.html.LOCAL.13191.html

inner.html.REMOTE.13191.html

Using the following:

SourceTree v1.4.4.2

DiffMerge 3.3.2

Mac OS 10.6.8

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
alexroper July 17, 2012

Thanks. I think I figured out I had restarted a merge on that file that didn't have any conflicts. Which then flagged it as having conflicts even tho it didn't. So, yes I think the file was missing on one side of the merge.

I eventually resolved it manually, but it would be nice if there was some kind of warning about this before it tried to send it to the external merge application.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

This usually happens when one side of the merge is not available for some reason. This can happen when:

• The merge conflict is from a pull-with-rebase, where there's still only one parent
  • The file was actually deleted on one side of the merge so there's only one file
  • Applying a patch or applying a stash/shelve causes conflicts

In these cases a traditional merge tool won't be able to handle it because it always expects 2 sides to a merge. You will probably have to resolve the merge by hand, e.g. editing the file and editing the sections with conflict markers (<<<<, ======, >>>>>) to resolve it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events