Can't install sourcetree

Vincent Christaldi November 23, 2017

downloaded your installer for sourcetree and when I try to open it i get an error that says windows cannot open the file. I scoured the internet and cannot fid any answers. I need this program for my current class in school. I opened your website, clicked download for windows. I did not change anything, not the name of the file or nothing. When it was completed I tried to install it and I get that error. When I choose the internet it brings up nothing that helps. When I choose on my computer, again nothing helps. I need this resolved ASAP. Please help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Vincent! You said you downloaded it on Windows, are you using Internet Explorer by any chance? We've seen cases were IE changes the name of the file (including the extension) and as a result, Windows can not execute it properly. The file you download should be a .exe. 

Can you try using a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox for example, and let us know if you could proceed with the installation? :)

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events