Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install SourceTree due to login problems

Deleted user January 10, 2018

When i executed the SourceTreeSetup-2.4.7.0.exe, I accepted the license agreement and created an atlassian account. After that i clicked the button to use an existing account, but the log in field stayed empty. I already unistalled it, installed it again and created a new account with an other email address but nothing worked. The log-in window always stays empty.error.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Eva! Make sure you have updated Internet Explorer to the latest version (Sourcetree relies on Internet Explorer for the authentication).

After that you might need to turn off compatibility mode in IE. If after that you're still having the same issue you can try the following workaroud:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events