Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install SourceTree 2.3.5.0 on Windows 10 machine

Bill Duncan December 18, 2017

Getting an error message "Unable to write to c:\ProgramData\<User>\SquirrelTemp - IT policies may be restricting access to this folder". I am on a home WiFi and need this to do a Pluralsight course with.  I changed IE's security setting to enable "Access data across domains". I don't use it but IE version is 11.125.16299.0.

Thanx in advance

3 answers

0 votes
Tristan Gillon June 14, 2023

This issue still exists in version 3.4.13. The installer complains it cannot write to a folder in PrograData (which I don't want to). The folder doesn't exist, so I create it. Then it says it can't write to the new folder\SquirrelTemp\. So I create that. Then it says "Failed to extract installer".

Why is there no option to choose where to install, you know, like other programs do?

MinibusDev June 28, 2023

Had the same issue - putting the install executable in OneDrive and running it from there worked for me. 

0 votes
Marianne January 8, 2020

Got the same issue installing SourceTree version 3.3.6 on Windows 10. The solution for me was to move the installation file to another folder. The browser put it in its default downloading path, which is C:\Users\Username\Favorites\Downloads, and I moved it to D:\Foldername. I hope it will help if someone will encounter the same issue in the future.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Bill, this seems to be a permissions issue, can you double-check that there is no problem accessing the path described by the error under your user account? 

Can you also confirm that you are not using a firewall or proxy?

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events