Can't commit using hg

Thom Goodsell September 25, 2014

SourceTree has generally worked great for me, but recently, when I try to commit using mercurial to a local repo, I get this error:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hg": error=2, No such file or directory

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1041)

at scala.sys.process.ProcessBuilderImpl$Simple.run(ProcessBuilderImpl.scala:68)

I've switched to using System Mercurial, then back to built-in, I've restarted SourceTree, I've restarted my machine, but I still get the error. Any advice for debugging this?

2 answers

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2014

Hi Thom,

Your SourceTree is having difficult to locate the hg driver program, responsible to the mercurial integration.

I would recommend you to try to install the latest SourceTree version (for Mac OS X is 2.0.0):

Could you please try it and return here to say if it works or not?

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

Thom Goodsell October 7, 2014

Upgrading to 2.0.1 didn't fix this, but uninstalling and re-installing (version 2) did. I'll just hope it was a one-time error.

Thom Goodsell October 7, 2014

Oops. Apparently it didn't fix it. Still getting the error, especially when using fetch.

0 votes
Thom Goodsell September 25, 2014

This is on OS X 10.9.4, SourceTree version 1.9.8. (Sorry, just realized there's now a Windows version.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events